ANDREW W. RUSH
e-mail: rushaw at gmail dot com
Coordinator of Online Course Media Development – University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL – 2015 to Present
- Edit and produce video projects using Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe Photoshop. Produce screencasts using Camtasia Studio (PC) and ScreenFlow (Mac). Create tutorials for Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, and other media production software.
- Maintain a “green screen” studio for use as a production space for faculty video projects.
- Support UNF faculty in the setup and use of their WordPress websites and blogs.
Coordinator of Academic Media Production/Instructional Technologist – University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA – 1998 to 2015
• Conduct training and consultation in Web 2.0 and Social Media tools, WordPress, HTML, video/audio editing, graphics manipulation, web page creation, and podcasting.
• Coordinate equipment use and production spaces for the new Information Technology Convergence Center including high-end media editing suite, green-screen cyclorama video recording studio, and incubator classroom, as well as coordinate programming for ITCC Media Wall.
• Advanced experience in live streaming (Wirecast, YouTube, and Wowza) video technologies including live webcasts at UMW as well as EDUCAUSE, New Media Consortium, and Open VA Conferences.
• Experience with Blackmagic Design ATEM live switching, recording, and production hardware.
• Work with faculty to facilitate Web RTC (Appear.in), Skype telepresence technology, and remote broadcast participation.
Co-Presented “What is the Role of “Digital Scholarship” in Higher Education, Faculty Development, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning?” at the 2013 International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL) Conference (Adobe Connect Session)
Co-Presented “Don’t Adjust Your Set – This Class is Live!” at the 2012 NMC Summer Conference, MIT, Boston Ma.
Co-Presented “EdTech Transmissions: We Control the Vertical and Horizontal” at the Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2012, Baltimore, Md. (video)
Presented “The Live Web Video One-Man Band” at the 2011 NMC Summer Conference Madison, Wi. (video)
Presented “This Old New Media Center” at the 2010 NMC Summer Conference, Anaheim, Ca. (video)
Presented “Preparing for the New Media Buffet” at the 2009 NMC Summer Conference, Monterey, Ca.
Co-Presented “Just a Blog? I Don’t Think So!” Five Minutes of Fame at the 2008 NMC Summer Conference, Princeton University.
August 1996 – August 1998
Computer Support Consultant – State University College at Oneonta, Oneonta, NY
Designed and maintained the Academic Computer Services web pages.
Managed and authored computer-related publications and on-line documentation.
Principal trainer for Windows 95, e-mail, Internet, and web page creation applications.
Provide technical support to campus Help Desk.
August 1995 – August 1996
Development and Support Consultant – Systems East, Cortland, NY
Designed and implemented the company Internet web site.
Performed software and hardware installations for numerous clients including networked Windows software and Novell NetWare.
Provided training and support for municipal tax software written in Borland Paradox and Microsoft Access.
October 1992 – August 1995
Instructional Support Associate – State University College at Cortland, NY
Trained, supervised, and scheduled student assistants who participated in the delivery/setup/retrieval of audiovisual/computer equipment.
Performed Mac and PC software installations for faculty and classroom support staff.
Responsible for delivery of computer equipment and setup of data projection systems.
In charge of campus Satellite/TV distribution and teleconferences.
S.U.N.Y. College at Cortland, Bachelor of Science, Education, 1990
Science Concentration, Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
S.U.N.Y. College at Morrisville, Associate in Applied Science, 1985
Natural Resource Conservation, Honors Graduate.
References available upon request